What is parallelogram?
Parallelogram is the flat shape and a quadrilateral which has two opposite sides are parallel to each other. The opposite length and the angle are equal in measure in a Parallelogram. The measure of two angle in a parallelogram is 180° so they are supplementary angles.
Area of a Parallelogram
Area = base × heigth
Area of trapezium = b × h square units.
“b” is the bases
“h” is the altitude or height
Perimeter of Parallelogram
The perimeter of a parallelogramis found by adding all the sides.
P = 2 x (base + side length) units
Perimeter = 2(b+s)
Properties of a parallelogram
• Opposite sides are parallel i.e AB || CD & BC || AD
• Opposite sides are equal in length i.e AB = CD & BC = AD
• Opposite angles are equal.∠A = ∠C && ∠B = ∠D
• If one angle is right, then all angles are right.
• The diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other.
• Opposite sides are congruent.
• Opposite angles are congruent.
If you have any doubts related to this topic, you ask into the comment. If you have any problem in mathematics you can post your problem in the comment section. You will get the answer.
I hope you have learned it properly.